One of the biggest hassles that many people cite when confronting an upcoming move is the actual packing process. Whether you’re moving down the street, or up the East coast, you’re likely to find yourself in need of boxes, tapes, padding, and lots more. If you’re hiring a moving company to handle packing services for you, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be educated about using the right supplies for the job. After all, you’ll want them to do things the right way to ensure your precious cargo arrives to your new home in one piece. If you are going to do the bulk of the packing work, we hope this helpful guide of useful packing tips will prove an invaluable resource to help your move be a seamless, painless transition.
Our Useful Packing Tips Start with Proper Supplies
- First tip : Always use new packing supplies to maximize the safety and security of your items. That means new bubble wrap, padding, and blankets. If you have old boxes, straps, and harnesses, make absolutely certain they are in good enough condition to make the trip to your new home.
- If you’re going to be relying on a moving service for packing, definitely demand that all the supplies are new! You’re paying for that service and shouldn’t expect anything less.
- Also, whether it’s a professional helping you, or you’re doing it yourself, remember that packing supplies only do so much, and your method is even more important. Proper stacking and padding is imperative, both within a box and in the truck. Plates should be wrapped and stacked tightly in a box, and large items such as mirrors should be padded and carefully placed in the truck.
- When choosing boxes, make sure they’re the right ones for the job. Corrugated cardboard is key, and also look for varying colors or other methods of labeling.
- On that note, proper labeling is absolutely essential to a smooth moving process. Not only will unloading at your new home be easier, but also this will ensure that fragile items are grouped together and protected. One great tip for organization is labeling each room by color.
- Again, whether you’re handling the work or hiring a moving company, make sure that every precaution is taken to protect furniture and finishes. Use a staging area to pack boxes, and never stack furniture that hasn’t been properly wrapped first.
- Last but not least, make sure you’ve got the protection and peace of mind that comes from proper insurance for the move. If hiring a moving service, be clear of the coverage levels, and if going it alone, inquire with your insurance agent about moving coverage.
Whether it’s a local or long-distance job, finding a trustworthy moving company to help guide you through the ins and outs of packing supplies and packing services is essential. Check the coverages they offer, and also if they are a certified member of the American Moving and Storage Association. Also be sure to consult their reviews online. Here in the metro Atlanta area, Southeast Van Lines is the reliable, honest mover you can trust for packing, packing supplies, and all other moving services. We hope you’ve enjoyed these useful packing tips. Let our excellent service and well-trained crews provide you with a stress-free moving experience, and call today for your free estimate!