Are you on the hunt for the best moving service Atlanta? Looking for a reliable, professional group of moving experts you can trust to handle your precious cargo? When you’re ready to make the big move, whether it’s across town or all the way across the country, the movers you can count on are here at Southeast Van Lines. We specialize in reducing the stress of moving by walking with you through the entire process from initial estimate through moving day, until everything has safely arrived and been unloaded in your new home or office. Our primary focus is on customer satisfaction. Our dedicated crews achieve this by using the best supplies and materials, and taking all the extra precautions needed to protect items during loading, shipment, and unloading. As a full service moving company, you can count on us for much more than just moving items. We can also help with moving supplies, packing services, storage, and car transport. Just let our professional estimators know exactly what you need and we’ll be there to provide one of our famous “binding not to exceed” quotes in no time. So now that you’re familiar with Southeast Van Lines, let us offer you a few helpful tips based on our over 20 years of experience. While we’re confident that our crew can make both local residential moves and long-distance moves from Atlanta to anywhere else in the US, we wanted to talk you through the process of how to hire a good mover. Follow these steps and you’ll find the best moving service Atlanta has to offer.
Who Has the Best Moving Service Atlanta?
There are many companies competing for the title of best moving service Atlanta, so it can be difficult to sort through the options. While we at Southeast Van Lines are very proud of our service record and relationship with our customers, we still recommend that you go through the process of comparing options and getting multiple quotes. Here are some helpful tips to help ensure you’ll get professional, licensed movers at a fair price.
- Ask Around – This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s still worth mentioning. Nothing beats a good recommendation from friends or family. Your realtor might also be a good source of knowledge movers and many other services and contractors. Also, you might dodge a bullet if someone tells you about a mover to absolutely avoid!
- Get Estimates in Person – Don’t be fooled by online services helping to find a mover and offering quotes directly. These are frequently brokers, who don’t carry proper insurance or follow the same regulations as a real mover. If someone isn’t coming to have a look in-person, take that as a very bad sign.
- Research all Potential Candidates – The internet can lead to shady brokers, but it can also be your friend. Check out the reputation of any mover you’re considering with the Better Business Bureau, HomeAdvisor, and others. Membership in the American Moving and Storage Association is a plus.
- Narrow Down Your List – Get down to 3 companies, and request on-site quotes with binding not-to-exceed clauses. Be wary of a quote that comes in well below the others and make sure it’s an apples-to-apples comparison.
- Disclose all Items and Services You Need – Of course, a binding quote cannot be held up if you add extra items and services down the road, so make sure you’re prepared to show the full extent of furniture and boxes to be moved, and also specify additional services you might need for packing supplies, car transport, etc. Also, don’t be afraid to let them know you’re gathering other quotes, which might keep the bidding a bit more competitive.
- Collect Info from Movers – Besides getting that binding quote, you’ll want to take down their USDOT and MC license info, obtain the “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklet, and the contact information of your estimator.
- Inquire about Insurance – Does your mover carry the proper insurance for the inventory you’ve listed to be moved? Is additional insurance offered or needed? Does your existing policy cover any moving related incidents? This is important!
- Verify Licenses – Once you’re ready to choose the winning quote, verify that all licenses are current and the company is authorized to handle household goods across interstate moves. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration site at safersys.org can help.
- Confirm Quote and Schedule Moving Date – Notify the mover you’re ready to schedule the service, confirm all services being offered, and make sure to get a written inventory list prior to heading out to the new location.
Southeast Van Lines: The Movers You Can Trust!
We hope you’ve found the above list helpful. While we would love the opportunity to provide an on-site estimate for your upcoming move, more than anything, we want you to get the best service possible with the least stress involved. Southeast Van Lines would be honored to provide that level of service to you and your family. Call us today, and let us show you why we’re the best moving service Atlanta!